Next: Download & Unpack the
- a modern C++ compiler (gcc-2.95.X and newer, SGI MIPSpro 7.1.3, ...)
- archive utilities gunzip, tar or similar tools for MS Windows
- MATLAB (5.X and newer) for 2D/3D visualizations
- VTK for 3D for visualizations
- FFTW if you plan to use Fourier transforms
- Doxygen if you want to remake the programming references
- LaTeX2HTML if you want to remake the on-line documentation
For the software development a UNIX-like environment is recommended. If you work under MS Windows you might
It comes with the GNU C/C++-compiler and a UNIX-like command shell (bash) including archive tools.
I'm using it on my laptop.