You can download a copy of the userguide either in Adobe PDF or Postscript format or browse the documentation online.
Download userguide.pdf (1.2 MB)
Download userguide.ps.gz (1.6 MB)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Q: The header file mpi.h is missing. Where can I find it?
- A: The header mpi.h is not part of the NaSt3DGP package but it
belongs to the MPI distribution and is needed for the parallel build
of NaSt3DGP. If you have installed MPI in a standard location, the
configure mechanism should be able to find it. If not, please see the
section Installation in the documentation on how to provide a
non-standard location of MPI.
- Q: The code does not compile with gcc 3.4.0. Compilation aborts with the error message:
./list.h: In member function SortedList<T>* SortedList<T>::GetNext():
./list.h:133: error: next undeclared (first use this function)
- A: Since version 3.4.0 the gcc compiler implements two-stage name lookup correctly (please refer to the
GCC online documentation
for more information). In this respect, NaSt3DGP had a bug in list.h, which is fixed since v2.05 of NaSt3DGP.
- Q: My download link does not work.
- A: Please make sure that you copy the complete URL
in the location bar of your browser (depending on the settings of your
email-client, the download link may be split in two parts by a linebreak).
- Q: I want to set space-/time-dependent boundary conditions. How do I set this up in the nav-file?
- A: Space- or time-dependent boundary conditions cannot be set
using the nav-file. You have to provide a subroutine inside of the
main computational loop which sets the appropriate boundary